BIPOC 2023 Conference Scholarship
The Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers, Inc. is dedicated to advancing the domestic cut flower industry in North America, and to increasing diversity and inclusion in our membership and in the cut flower community at large. One of the best ways to achieve this is to support and encourage BIPOC farmers by facilitating their place at the table in our educational events. With that goal in mind, the ASCFG will award full conference registration, plus reimbursement up to $1,000 for travel and lodging expenses, to three farmers of color within our membership for the upcoming ASCFG Conference in St. Louis, Missouri. Successful applicants must make their own hotel and travel arrangements to the conference.
How To Apply
The ASCFG BIPOC Conference Scholarship is open to anyone who meets the following criteria. Applicants must:
- Be a current member of the ASCFG for at least one year.
- Have farmed for at least two seasons (including the 2022 season).
- Self-identify as a person of color.
Members who meet the above requirements but have already registered for the conference are welcome to apply and will be reimbursed if selected. Please note that recipients of last year’s scholarships are not eligible to apply for this year’s scholarships. Apply using the link below by Friday, May 12, 2023 at noon Eastern.
- Applicant’s name, farm name, and contact information.
- Confirm that you are a current ASCFG member (and have been for at least a year) and that you have farmed for at least two seasons.
- Respond to three questions. Please keep your combined responses to 500 words or fewer.