Anderson Acres Farm
Anderson Acres Farm
Flower Enthusiasts with Entrepreneurial Spirit Apply Here!
Anderson Acres, a small-scale flower farm and floral design studio, seeks a Farm Manager, with cut flower production experience, to work in partnership with its owners for the 2022 growing season.
Contact: Michelle Saltz
1 Anderson Acres Road
Kent, CT 06757
Posted 18 August 2021
Who we are:
Located in Kent, CT, on 200 acres of conservation land, Anderson Acre’s mission is to care for and maintain a reciprocal relationship with the beauty and nature that surrounds us and share its abundance with our community. Learn more at https://www.andersonacresfarm.
Two acres of our property are dedicated to growing a diversity of flowers, both annuals and perennials, that we sell to local businesses and individuals. We operate an on-farm flower stand one day a week for our local customers.
We have a fabulous, tight knit team and while our jobs are diverse and dynamic, we work together to make beautiful flowers and a gorgeous environment. We take great pride in our landscape and every task requires precision and attention to detail.
We are looking for someone whose values align with our own, to work in partnership with us to manage our farm and team, oversee operations, and help create systems which maintain our vision of beauty, community and care.
● Develop crop production plans in collaboration with the farm owners that meet the needs of our customers and community.
● Meet with owners regularly to create management plans which align with farm goals and communicate regular updates.
● Supervise, plan, schedule, and participate in all aspects of our flower operation: greenhouse management, cultivation and field prep, irrigation, transplanting, weed and pest management, harvesting, processing, marketing, design and sales.
● Hire and manage staff and be accountable for the progress of all field work, farm operations, floral design and sales.
● Train and work alongside the farm crew as needed to ensure timely completion of daily tasks and quality of work.
● Manage all aspects of farm record-keeping, including harvest records, sales, and farm expenses.
● Order materials and supplies; maintain inventory and records.
● Use farm equipment; recommend new implements and/or methods to increase
productivity and quality of produce.
● Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
Who you are:
● You have excellent leadership skills. You are a leader who inspires others to work toward a common vision with kindness, respect, diligence, organization and clear communication.
● You are passionate about flowers, flower design and stewardship of the land.
● You enjoy and excel at creating order, systems and flow in the work environment.
● You pay great attention to detail, have excellent follow through and a high level of care.
● You possess a collaborative spirit and enjoy working in partnership with others
contributing to the development and follow through of ideas and plans.
● You are self motivated, flexible, organized, energetic and excel at time management
● You have a high level of integrity and are able to receive and give constructive criticism.
● 3+ years of commercial scale flower farming OR cut flower production horticulture experience
● Management experience working with small crews or teams
● Floral design experience a plus
$70-85K per year with benefits
This is a full-time year round salaried position. There is the potential to develop enterprises that will generate additional income.
Email a resume and cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to Michelle Saltz email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We are currently Hiring for two positions. See our website for full details. Applications are due at the end of this week!
Harvest and Production Manager (Part-Time of Full Time TBD)
Field Crew Member (Part Time)
Lexington, New York
Contact: Anne Hall
Posted 1 June 2020
Looking for summer field crew. A pair who can share one living space preferred. New flower farm going into its second season. Lots of room to bring new enthusiasm and ideas. All organic/permaculturally-based farming practiced. Housing, weekly farm dinner and 50% share of weekly farm profits in leu of hourly wage. 4 6-hour days expected on the farm per person per week plus 1 day of market or deliveries. Farm is in the Catskill Mountains along a river with plenty of acreage. 1 acre in production. Women, queers and poc encouraged to apply. Please visit us at http://www.crespell.com for more info
Morning Glory Farm a 100 plus acre (vegetables, flowers and animals) farm on Martha’s Vineyard Island in Massachusetts- seeks a Flower Farm Manager to work in partnership with its owners for the 2022 growing season. The Applicant must have cut flower production experience. Floral design and management experience would also be preferable. This is a year round job with housing and competitive pay. Health Insurance and 401K possible within the company. We would love to get the right person on board as soon as possible (and keep that person on board for several years).
For more info and to apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Flower Production Assistant (seasonal)
Hours: 15-30 hours weekly, including early mornings and some weekends.
Season: June through October
Wage: DOE $15-17/hour
The Utah Flower Farm is a female owned/operated, startup cut rose farm in Holladay, Utah. At UFF, we grow an impressive variety of roses. Our mission is to provide high quality, locally grown cut flowers for our store front, local florists, and our booths at seasonal farmer markets at Wheeler Farm and Downtown Salt Lake City. The Flower Production Assistant will work closely with The Farm Manager and The Assistant Farm Manager to manage and harvest over 4,000 rose plants, June through October. The Flower Production Assistant will be asked to represent our farm at local farmer’s markets throughout the summer season, and will need to enthusiastically discuss our products and our farming practices with the public.
This position is ideal for someone interested in learning about cut flower production, or looking to expand one’s experience in the field. This position offers a wide exposure to flower farming, from propagation to harvesting, including post harvest handling. Majority of the hours will be fieldwork, with the potential to work at our storefront gaining experience in floral arranging and will require weekends at local farmer’s markets. One should expect hard, repetitive physical work planting, weeding, watering, harvesting flowers, lugging water buckets, cleaning and maintaining equipment.
For Sale (Farms and Businesses)
Prairie Flowers and Gifts
Business for sale.
245 E. Main Street
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Posted 30 April 2021