Stern’s Herbs ‘n’ Bloom
2468 S. US Hwy 27
Winchester, Indiana 47394
Posted June 9
Items for sale
- Inventory reduction, 2 year old potted stock plants and equipment for sale: Cash sale for farm pick up.
- Syringa vulgaris, common lilac, color purple, 40 each in 5 gallon pots $15.00 each buy 10 or more $10.00 each.
- Slaix discolor, common pussy willow, pollarded at 30 inches, 2 gallon pots $10.00 each buy 10 or more $5.00 each
- Powell/Cole single row planet Jr. with plates. Can be used as a hand push seeder or mounted to 2 wheel or 4 wheel tractors. $100.00
- Powell model #42 single row transplanter, serial #18698. 2 seats with row markers and water tube hook up, finger set. 3 point hitch.
Call or text Brian at (765) 546-0712
Contact: Erin Espinosa
Posted 24 May 2020
May-September Wednesdays 8am-12pm and Fridays 7am-12pm (Start dates and End dates can be flexible) Schedules can be crafted flexibly but candidates must be willing to commit a minimum of 9 hours a week. There is opportunity for more hours at the farm, which can be discussed upon expressing interest.
● Work closely with Flower Manager to grow, maintain, and harvest flower crops.
● Learn and participate in flower maintenance tasks such as trellising, laying landscape fabric, pinching, harvesting, and post-harvest handling.
● Learn and participate in some flower arranging.
● May occasionally tend to and communicate with CSA and retail customers.
● Experience or interest in flower and vegetable production
● Sense of humor, positive attitude, and enthusiasm for food and flowers!
● Ability to work independently/ Self-motivated
● Ability to do fast, quality, detailed work
● Ability to repetitively bend over
● Ability to lift and carry 40-50 lbs.
● Willing to work in all weather conditions
● Good communication skills
● Ability to receive and digest plenty of constructive feedback
To apply, email a resume to Erin at Tinyfarmer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Lexington, New York
Contact: Anne Hall
Posted 1 June 2020
Looking for summer field crew. A pair who can share one living space preferred. New flower farm going into its second season. Lots of room to bring new enthusiasm and ideas. All organic/permaculturally-based farming practiced. Housing, weekly farm dinner and 50% share of weekly farm profits in leu of hourly wage. 4 6-hour days expected on the farm per person per week plus 1 day of market or deliveries. Farm is in the Catskill Mountains along a river with plenty of acreage. 1 acre in production. Women, queers and poc encouraged to apply. Please visit us at http://www.crespell.com for more info
Western Massachusetts Cut Flower Farm for Sale
Twelve acres of land with five tillable acres of prime, Hadley sandy loam soil. Includes residence with two bedrooms and one bath, plus two-bedroom, one-bath apartment, as well as retail floral showroom and workroom.
- Two 30 x 125 traditional glass greenhouses with raised, soil-filled benches.
- One 20 x 75 glass/polycarbonate greenhouse.
- One 24 x 60 plastic-covered hoophouse
- One 30 x 50 barn, and other storage buildings
- Natural gas and woodchip heat systems.
River irrigation for field, new water system for greenhouses, town water for residences.
Currently growing floral crops for wholesale and our own retail markets, as well as full-service retail florist, in business since 1934. Close to highways and markets.
For more information contact John LaSalle at (413) 210-7376.