Education Director Posting
Position Title: Education Director
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hrs/Week: 30-40 hours/week
The Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers, Inc. (ASCFG) is a 501 (c) (6) trade association. Its mission is to support specialty cut flower growers by creating accessible educational opportunities and research for all growers at every stage in their development of financially sustainable businesses.
In its 33-year history, the ASCFG has produced a wide range of educational events, including national conferences, trade shows, farm tours, and regional meetings. It has expanded its offerings through Zoom and other online platforms, such as Facebook live and a virtual growers’ school, as it works to educate and unite more than 2,600 members across North America and several other countries.
As part of a broader strategic plan for the organization, the ASCFG contracted a consultant who produced a comprehensive plan which recommends specific systems and programs. To fully implement the strategic plan, ASCFG is seeking a dynamic and skilled Education Director. The ideal candidate will have a passion for educating growers and the experience, skills, and collaborative approach to develop and implement high quality offerings in response to member needs.
The Education Director works collaboratively with ASCFG staff and members to design and implement ASCFG’s education programs, resources, and events. Using member feedback and data, the Education Director develops, implements, and evaluates a rich selection of education offerings, with the goal of supporting member desires for comprehensive education in growing, harvesting, and marketing cut flowers, as well as managing cut flower businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
This list is intended to represent job-related duties and should not be viewed as exhaustive.
- Develop a calendar of educational offerings including proposed content, speakers, and delivery methods.
- Create and update the educational content index in collaboration with ASCFG staff and the Education Committee.
- Coordinate and implement member education sessions both in-person and virtually, requiring occasional travel.
- Design and implement ASCFG’s annual conference in collaboration with other staff and the planning committee.
- Communicate regularly with ASCFG members to share upcoming educational offerings, respond to their questions, learn about needs, and obtain feedback.
- Manage all aspects of education offerings including registrations, technology, materials, logistics, and promotions.
- Collect and summarize member data throughout the year to guide planning and evaluate offerings.
- Work with the Education Committee regarding meeting planning, facilitation, promotions, and follow up tasks.
- Collaborate with ASCFG staff to support the organization’s goals, objectives, and activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate’s degree or higher in education, instructional design, business, horticulture, or an associate’s degree or higher in any field with equivalent work experience.
- Three years’ work experience in a related field.
- Project management skills with the ability to meet project quality and scheduled commitments.
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design preferred.
- Experience leading projects that require independent and critical thinking.
- Strong technology skills, and experience using technology for teaching and learning; Kajabi and/or LearnDash preferred.
- Experience writing course descriptions and creating branded content for marketing of educational offerings.
- Consistent and clear communication, both verbally and in written form.
- Experience in on-site conference management preferred.
- Knowledge of the farming and floral industries is an asset.
- Ability to work on site (Oberlin, Ohio) at least periodically; working remotely will be considered.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
This position may require periods of standing, walking, sitting, talking, and listening during meetings and in-person events. Employees must be able to perform duties such as lifting and carrying boxes and working extended hours during conferences. Conditions may occasionally have the potential to be slightly dirty (in a greenhouse or farm field), and in inclement weather.
Timeline and Salary
The position is expected to begin immediately after Committee approval. The position is currently based on hourly compensation with the potential for advancement and benefits, after a six-month evaluation.
Candidates should submit a cover letter stating their qualifications, experience, and salary requirements, along with a resumé, references, and examples of past work. Selection will be made based on applicants’ proven success record, as well as the expertise and technical skills necessary to complete this work.
Applicants should include salary requirements in the cover letter.
For More Information
Contact Judy Laushman at firstname.lastname@example.org
For best consideration, apply by February 4, 2022.